Manicure vs Pedicure Descriptions
|Manicure||Nail shaping, cuticle care, massage, warm towel and polish application||Nail shaping, cuticle care, scrub, mint mask, massage, hot stone, warm towel and polish application||Nail shaping, cuticle care, scrub mint mask, paraffin hot wax, massage, hot stone, warm towel and polish application|
|Pedicure||Feet soaked in warm salt water, nail shaping, cuticle care, callus treatment, lotion massage, warm towel and polish application.||Feet soaked in warm sea salt water , nail shaping, cuticle care, callus treatment, scrub, mint mask, warm towel wrap, lotion massage, hot stone and polish application.||Feet soaked in warm sea salt water, nail shaping, cuticle care, callus treatment, scrub, mint mask, warm towel wrap, paraffin hot wax, hot oil massage, hot stone and polish application.|
|Best For||Great for regular clean-up and maintenance.||Perfect for adding moisture and locking it in for dry or hard working hands/feet.||Increased moisture sealed in with added relaxation for that true retreat experience.|
1. Appearance: Having nice groomed, polished nails is always nice and can make you feel sexy and sleek when operating day to day mundane tasks or wearing a nice pair of open-toe shoes or sandals.
2. Dry skin: Your technician is able to scrub and exfoliate your hands and feet to help soften and scrape off dead dry skin especially around the heel and big toe area. Built up callus can impact how our shoes fit and how we walk thus affecting other parts of our body throughout the day.
3. Nail Health: Buffing your nails doesn’t just make them look nice and shiny but is also important to stimulate blood flow to the area. Blood carries nutrients which are vital for nail health and growth. Although we clip our nails short, nail growth can be a sign of good nail health.
4. Relaxation: Manicures and Pedicures include massage and getting your hands/arms/legs and feet massaged and can be a great way to relax, release tension and de-stress. And we all know how important it is for oneself to take some time out and regular de-stressing is vital for your overall health.
5. Lymphatic and Blood Flow: Another benefit from a massage is stimulating blood and lymph flow. Your body has lymph nodes all over which are the tiny factories that help process and clean the toxins from your lymphatic fluid into the blood which then gets taken back through the veins to the heart to get cleaned. Lymph nodes are also known as glands which in our legs are situated behind our knees.
6. Colours: Nail lacquers are fun and there are loads of colours to play with. With colours to fit any season or any occasion, your technician will also use a base coat to protect your nail plate from getting stained. A top coat will also be used to help lock in your colour and help the lacquer last longer.
7. Feel Good: One of the most important benefits is the feel good factor. It’s amazing how your hands and feet, when treated, can make you feel so good about yourself and give a real confidence boost, along with feeling relaxed, clean and pampered.