Photo Acne Therapy
Photo Acne Therapy:
- Visible light therapy is used to treat mild to moderate acne outbreaks
- Phototherapy is safe for nearly anyone, and side effects are mild if any at all.
- Phototherapy is remarkably effective for treating acne lesions, especially acne that’s caused by inflammation or bacteria.
Blue light therapy:
- Blue light therapy is the type of light therapy most commonly used to address acne breakouts.
- The wavelength of blue light has an antimicrobial effect, making it effective at killing several types of bacteria that can collect in your pores and oil glands and cause breakouts.
- Blue light therapy also helps condition your skin, getting rid of free radicals that oxidize and age your face. The treatment also has anti-inflammatory benefits, which decreases other symptoms of acne, such as redness.
Red light therapy:
- Red light therapy doesn’t have the same antibacterial effects of blue light therapy, but it can still be effective.
- It also has anti-inflammatory capabilities.
- Red light therapy works deep below the surface of your skin to help soothe and repair tissue. If your acne is caused by a chronic skin condition, red light therapy might be the choice for you.